Friday, May 7, 2010

Cinco De Mayo festival Food

On Sunday the New York Times had a photography project in place. The idea was that people around the world took a photo at the same time and posted them to the NY Times website. I decided a trip to the Cinco De Mayo festival might lend me some photo oppurtunities. Here are the food shots I took. The aromas were really quite wonderful and I tried a few of the items.
The very last photograph is the one I took at the appointed time and submitted to the project.  Huaraches are a masa flour fried tortilla type of street food I topped mine with Avocado , tomato. Lettuce and some amazing hot sauce. The word hurache derives from the shape of a type of traditional sandal.

Here is a link to a recipe


This spit roasted pork was incredible. Looked very similar to Schwarmas or Gyros from middle eastern cooking but is actually used in  Tacos Al Pastor (Shepard Tacos).







Posted by Picasa